Where Is Your Nursing Future?
It is right here — at Saint Francis Healthcare System.
Based in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, Saint Francis Healthcare System offers services 24 hours a day, seven days a week to more than 715,000 people in southeast Missouri and in a five-state region through Saint Francis Medical Center and more than 40 Medical Partner locations.
The Catholic-based Healthcare System has evolved in the 21st century from a local community medical center to the regional tertiary healthcare leader. Nestled only 100 miles south of St. Louis, we mix big-city excitement with small-town charm.
Have questions about a healthcare career at Saint Francis? Contact us today.
Graduate Nurse Residency Program
Our graduate nurse residency program is a valuable training tool for recent nursing graduates when they first arrive at the Healthcare System. From classroom and patient care experiential learning side by side with nurse mentors, to using clinical and professional skills serving the community to fulfill Saint Francis’ mission, the nursing residency program offers an exclusive group of nursing graduates an outstanding jump-start to a nursing career at Saint Francis.
Nursing Student Externship Program
Offered twice a year, the Externship for Nursing Students program provides a dynamic learning experience. This program allows students to participate in direct patient care with assigned RN mentors. Time will be spent in both Medical/Surgical and Specialty areas of choice. The Externship will be offered to new participants in both May and December of each year. Nursing students, chosen for this program, will have the opportunity to participate in the Externship until graduation from his or her nursing program. Nurse Externs will also be given the opportunity to train and work as a Patient Care Associate while participating in the program.
- Organizational and classroom orientation to start in May and December
- RN mentored clinical experience
- Participate in direct and indirect patient care
- Spend time in both Medical/Surgical and Specialty areas
- Opportunity to advance nursing skills while working under the direction of experienced nursing professionals
- 12 hours paid clinical experience every two weeks with the opportunity for additional hours during school breaks
- Options to further your training in additional roles throughout the Healthcare System
- Flexible shifts to accommodate any school schedule
- Nursing students who are entering or within their last year of the nursing program
- Meet Saint Francis job-related health requirements
- Satisfactory work record (from within the last year)
- Satisfactory academic record
Applications are not being accepted at this time. Please check back soon.