Standing on firm ground today and poised for the future, Saint Francis Healthcare System has carefully crafted its strategic financial plan to ensure continued success.
Due to strength of the region’s economy and the strategic growth of the Healthcare System, Saint Francis has been able to do more than just hold its own through the recession. In today’s economy, where healthcare organizations’ bond ratings are being downgraded across the board, Saint Francis has maintained our consistently strong ratings. Standard & Poor’s has affirmed the Healthcare System’s A+ rating and Fitch Ratings continues to provide us with an AA- rating.
Saint Francis has increased market share in our tertiary market to more than 65 percent, and we carry a low debt burden of approximately 20 percent. Maintaining a bond rating in today’s market is very difficult, and we are quite proud that Saint Francis’ ratings have held consistent and strong. Our high bond ratings and low debt burden are essential to our continued growth as a medical center.
Reinvestment in Facilities and Technology
As a stand-alone, independent healthcare system, Saint Francis does not face the same bureaucracy large healthcare systems face. Physicians’ input is sought, and important decisions are able to be made quickly with this lack of “red tape” in the organization.
Because the Healthcare System does not support other facilities, net income is reinvested directly into the facility, technology, and equipment at Saint Francis, allowing physicians to further their careers.
- New Heart Hospital and Cancer Institute
- Expanded Emergency Department
- da Vinci® S HD™ Surgical System
- Arrhythmia Center featuring a state-of-the-art electrophysiology system
- 3-D breast tomosynthesis for screenings with the Selenia® Dimensions® digital mammography system
- Regions only CyberKnife Robotic Radiosurgery System
- New state-of-the-art surgical suites
- PillCam® SB 2 video capsule
- Diamondback 360˚™ orbital atherectomy system
- Balloon Sinuplasty™
- CoolTouch CTEV™ laser